Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Picasso--"IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO BECOME YOUNG!"

Picasso, the extraordinary Spanish painter, who lived much of his life in France, made some fascinating comments and observations over his long life, but perhaps my favorite was, "It takes a long time to become young."  I wholeheartedly agree!  He added that we are born as artists, but it's a real trick to remain one. 



Picasso was an enormously talented and popular painter of the twentieth century, but perhaps it's not as well known that he was very talented, even as a child.  He was born in 1881 and died in 1973.  I've always been fascinated by his works and his views about life.  Let me share some of them.

"The important thing is to create.  Nothing else matters.  Creation is all."

"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."

"Everything you can imagine is real."

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

"Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time."


"My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general.  If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.  Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."












-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures click here
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment