Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, September 29, 2014

WEATHER---YOU LIKE IT . . . .OR NOT!


Mahatma Gandhi once said, "There is more to life than increasing its speed."  Living in a large city, I see plenty of examples of speed all around me, and at times it drives me crazy. This year I've vowed to make some major changes, and one of them is to walk as often as I can, regardless of the weather, and enjoy the endless parks and lakes of the Twin Cities.  I've lived here for over four decades, and I still think it's one of the most beautiful places in the U.S.

That being said, the weather is extremely variable.  And yet, there is endless beauty even on the stormiest days.  This morning on my walk along Medicine Lake, I got caught in a
brief downpour, but I didn't fight to race back. I saw a 

fisherman casting calmly from his boat.  I waved to him, and he returned the greeting. A simple act, but a good feeling and connection.  Einstein once said, "There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  I choose to believe the latter.  

Here are a few simple photos from my enjoyable morning walk in the rain. 


And now, as I write this, the sun just peeked out.  As the American writer Emerson said, "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."








---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For a complete list of the pictures go to
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment