Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, September 17, 2012

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!


Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding myself every day of how incredibly blessed I am.  First, to have such a kind, generous friend I love to spend time with, and secondly, to have a serene and magical place to rest and re-generate and watch the waves roll in hour after hour.  Tonight I stood next to the shore, staring at the endless waves and gorgeous pink sky overhead.  There was no one nearby.  I felt that life couldn’t be any more perfect.  Blessed solitude!

But, like many of us, I’m reminded that those waves of my past haven’t always been so easy to navigate.  At times I’ve created my own obstacles and roadblocks and at other times LIFE just happened—often joyful, but at times also extremely painful and difficult.  Often I was searching for something else “out there,” and the wisdom of others always seemed better than my own.  My insecurity and anxiety no doubt fueled the search and lack of trust in my own abilities.  But now none of that seems to matter. 

 


 

 
The waves remind me of the timelessness of life. Everything else seems insignificant. The intensity of the waves often changes, just as the events in my life and those close to me.  But I’m on more solid footing now and I can appreciate the view more than ever.

2 comments:

  1. What Gorgeous Photographs. Do you work for the Minnesota Department of Tourism?

    ReplyDelete