Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, September 3, 2012

PAWS AND REFLECT!


"CATS ARE CONNOISSEURS OF COMFORT."  (James Herriot)




HAPPY IS THE HOME WITH AT LEAST ONE CAT!  (Italian proverb)

Today, a quiet Sunday before a holiday, I spent part of the day on the porch playing board games with my grandchildren and observing Rocky, the social and lovable house cat who’s almost always in a relaxed mode.  When my grandson and I started playing CAREERS, Rocky took his pedestrian walk across the board and then curled up in the comfortable game box.  Not only does he try to find the most adorable pose, but he makes me pause to reflect and wonder why I can’t be more relaxed and carefree like that, at least part of the time. But just being around him makes me soften and smile a lot.  At times we strike up an odd sort of conversation and dance.  Suffice it to say that I’ve grown to love this cat. 

I didn’t grow up loving cats though, mostly because I’d never really been around them.  I was often afraid that when I did see one, it would sense my fear and jump right up on me.  That would have sent me in a panic!  I’d always had a dog in my life and they seemed far more predictable and affectionate. I still love dogs and am anxious to meet my new grand dog Hank.  He’s my son and daughter-in-law’s new lab addition to their household. I hear lots of stories about him and find myself wondering how he and Rocky would get along if they ever met, which isn’t likely to happen, but fun to speculate about.  I’ve learned that there’s a world of difference between dogs and cats, but now I’ve come to love them both.  And since I’m living with one adorable cat, I’m finding a little more joy and fun in every day. 


"ALWAYS TURN AND LOOK WHEN YOUR CAT GAZES BEHIND YOU WITH THAT INTENT LOOK IN HER EYES.  SOME DAY THERE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE SOMETHING THERE."  (anonymous)

These are a few Rocky photos of the day, with added commentary so there’s time to PAWS AND REFLECT. 
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods.  Cats have never forgotten this."  (anonymous)
"Dogs come when they're called; cats get back to you later."  (Mary Bly)
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."  (unknown)
"Time spent with cats is never wasted."  (May Sarton)
"No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."  (unknown)

2 comments:

  1. "Dogs have masters; cats have servants."

    Have you seen this video? Winner of the Cat Video contest at the Walker Art Center:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M

    Wendy Adamson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great video! I hadn't seen it, but watched it and loved it! Very unusual.

      Thanks much!

      lynda

      Delete