Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A CITY REPRIEVE and A LOOK AT LABYRINTHS


Lately I’ve been searching more and more for ways to calm my mind, and at the same time find a balance that’s too often absent in my life.  I want to return to simple walks that are enjoyable and also lead to a healthier me. This morning I followed my intuition and found a quiet, meditative place that I’ve often thought of, but rarely visited. Amazingly, I only encountered one other person while I was there. It was just what I needed and craved.






 

The Millennium Garden in Plymouth, Minnesota is an incredibly beautiful place.  What I’m especially drawn to is the labyrinth and the simple beauty surrounding it. 

 

A STONE LABYRINTH IN SWEDEN
 
A LABYRINTH IN A FRANKFURT, GERMANY CHURCH, WITH TEALIGHTS

 
A BOSTON COLLEGE MEMORIAL LABYRINTH
 
Labyrinths, I’ve learned, date back at least 4,000 years.  They’re used by people of all different faiths and cultures around the world.  The walking paths are wonderfully meditative and helpful in quieting your mind and finding balance in your life.  Staying on the path leads to the center, but you can exit at any point; there’s no right or wrong way to follow it.  It’s a way to let go of your cares, ask questions, and escape from the frenzied world we live in.  It’s a path to well-being and simple joy, and I plan to make it more a part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment