Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MILD METRO ADVENTURES!

A good friend of mine coined the phrase "Mild Metro Adventures" a few years ago, and it definitely resonated with me, and made me laugh.  She and I have those simple, fun adventures nearly every time we get together, and it never gets "old."  Over the weekend I was telling another friend about the unusual phrase, and she chuckled and said she loved it.



I used to think the word "adventures" had to involve big, exciting things or far away places.  Not anymore!  Over the weekend my friend Angela and I explored a historic and very scenic Minnesota city. Stillwater, called "the birthplace of Minnesota," is just a short drive from the Twin Cities



area.  We spent little money there, and had a sparkling day, just strolling the streets and popping into interesting and unusual shops, as well as exploring the hilly river town along the beautiful St. Croix River.  In many ways it felt like we were being transported to another era.  It was hard to leave this charming city and its many lovely Victorian homes, fascinating architectural styles, and challenging hilly roads.  People were light-hearted and engaging, tourists and locals alike, and it was definitely a "Mild Metro Adventure" in every sense.  Stillwater offers a variety of festivals throughout the year, and despite an occasional traffic jam, it makes me reconsider my current life in the city. 

On the 45-minute drive home we checked out a small vineyard and wonderful apple orchard.  The picture-perfect sunny autumn day added to the charm.  No doubt this "Mild Metro Adventure" will be on my highlight reel for many years to come. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures go to
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment