Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Like an Oasis in the Desert!






Yesterday a good friend and I wanted to enjoy the beautiful fall colors, so we explored Fish Lake Park, along with Weaver Lake Park, in a northwestern Minnesota suburb. As we were walking along Fish Lake, an elderly gentleman with a plaid shirt and a Scottish-looking hat caught our attention.  I told my friend that I was sure he was from Scotland. A few moments later he seemed thrilled to tell us that these trees were different from many he remembered in Scotland.  And then he added, "It's so beautiful, like an oasis in the desert." And indeed it felt like it!  As my friend and I walked through the woods, we marveled at the spectacular fall colors and recorded some of the sounds of the forest.  A very memorable day!  If only one didn't have to say goodbye a few hours later. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures click here
Please make payments via PayPal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com






2 comments:

  1. I ADORED that day with you, Lynda! I also did not enjoy saying good-bye! I see the picture that you took right before
    all of those golden leaves fell fluttering onto the walking path!!! :-) Cindy Bartlett

    ReplyDelete