Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"WE HAVE TOO MANY HIGH SOUNDING WORDS AND TOO FEW ACTIONS THAT CORRESPOND WITH THEM." (Abigail Adams)


If Abigail Adams, wife of former President John Adams were alive today, she would no doubt be saying much the same thing.  Some things don't change a lot over time in government, even during a span of 200 years.  Abigail was a very wise woman, as were many of our First Ladies.  And rarely do they get the credit they deserve.  So, here in their own words are important thoughts to ponder.

Barbara Bush:  "I hate the fact that people think "compromise" is a dirty word."

And something more personal from that same First Lady:  "At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal.  You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent."

Martha Washington:  "I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself.  For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by circumstances, but by our disposition."


Jackie Kennedy:  "I think that I should have known that he (Jack) was magic all along.  I did know it, but I should have guessed that it would be too much to ask to grow   old with and see our children grow up together.  So now he is a legend when he would have preferred to be a man."

Jackie Kennedy:  "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much."


Betty Ford:  "The search for human freedom can never be complete without freedom for women."

Lady Bird Johnson:  "Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid."

Lady Bird Johnson:  "Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library.  The only entrance requirement is interest."

Rosalynn Carter:  "If we have not achieved our early dreams, we must either find new ones or see what we can salvage from the old."

Michelle Obama:  "One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself, and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.  And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them because I know who I am."


Eleanor Roosevelt:  "A woman is like a tea bag--you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt--When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die."

And finally, Florence Harding, wife of former President Warren Harding, offered a bit of comic relief when she said, "Well, Warren Harding, I have got you the presidency.  What are you going to do with it?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures click here
Please make payments via PayPal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment