Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HAPPINESS IS EVERYWHERE!


Within the last week I started reading an inspiring and thought-provoking book about reinventing and reimagining your life, however you might see it.  It's titled Your Life Calling.  The author is Jane Pauley, a well-known American television personality for many years. I found it fascinating to read about endless ways that people have changed their lives to become more passionate, more involved, and more "real." They might have even been enjoying the work they were involved in, but for various reasons, they sought a change, or a way of making an impact in some meaningful way, and often less stressful.  And it might have wound up being much different than they had ever envisioned.  Sometimes it might have been a serendipitous discovery--completely unexpected or by accident.

As I seek to make changes in my own life, I've become more "open" to exploring different possibilities.  It's helped me enormously to take long walks daily and spend time by myself out in nature.  It's amazing how much clearer your mind gets and what thoughts appear when you have the time and space to dream of other possibilities. Many years ago a close friend gave me a simple, but very special book called Happiness Is Everywhere.  It starts out by asking, "Where does happiness come from?  What makes happiness start?  Perhaps it's just doing what we like to do. Sometimes happiness comes without warning. And when happiness seems to be nowhere around, remember . . . .it's waiting just to be found." So simple, but so wonderfully true!  It doesn't take something magical to figure it out, just a quiet space and an open heart.

Here are a few simple pictures from my nature walk today and one of Gully, my passionate ponderer.  Just looking at him puts me in a happy place.  Hope it does the same for you!





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures click here
Please make payments via PayPal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment