Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"PEOPLE HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT."



For countless decades I’ve loved reading and collecting quotes.  They help me laugh when I most need it, find empathetic words for difficult times, appreciate history and different viewpoints, and reflect on LIFE.  They’ve also inspired me to be more creative and imaginative.  A few years ago I became more interested in photography and decided to take my own photographs and older family photos to use on greeting cards.  Finding quotes to match the photographs was energizing and even healing after the loss of my beloved golden lab Martha.  It helped me focus and move through my sadness.  It also helped build my confidence and re-define art in my own way.  Thanks to the help of a good friend who also shared some of his old photos, those cards became a reality, and although they haven’t turned into a “real” business, I love sending them to friends, and finding the right quotes are more fun than ever.


"Don't let the trials and tribulations of everyday life get to you; things could be worse."  
(Heinz R.)

Here are some other quotes that I’ve loved and appreciated, whether or not they’ve made it into a card.
 "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing."  
(Mark Twain) 
                                       
"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."  
(Plato)








"There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book
(Marcel Proust)

"People have one thing in common.  They are all different."  
(Robert Zend)

"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been."  
(Diane Arbus) 

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose."
(Elisabeth Kubler Ross)

"Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast. 
You also miss the sense of where you are going and why."  
(Eddie Cantor)

"Joy is not in things; it is in us."  
(Richard Wagner)

"Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."
(Anne Morrow Lindbergh)

"When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee."
(Helen Hayes)

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
(Abraham Lincoln)

"Like everyone else who makes the mistake of getting older, I begin each day with coffee and obituaries."
(Bill Cosby)


(Angela B.)



No comments:

Post a Comment