Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Friday, June 1, 2012

EARTH LAUGHS IN FLOWERS


My mother’s passion, besides her children, was creating a beautiful garden.  She loved flowers and took great pride in all the different types of flowers she grew.  She and my father spent many happy hours tending to that garden. Unfortunately, as a young child I didn’t share that interest and was too busy playing on the ball field across the street with my friends.  I did however love being surrounded by flowers, an apple and a pear tree, and a merry-go-round in our big back yard. It was the perfect spot for a wonderful carnival every year.






I now appreciate more than ever the effort that it takes to develop and nurture a beautiful flower garden.  A few of my friends are master gardeners and I marvel at their talent and dedication.  I love spending time at their homes.  As a tribute to my mother and those special friends, I’ve added a few photos of different types of flowers and a poem that makes me appreciate them and the delight of nature in general. 

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower:
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake



EARTH LAUGHS IN FLOWERS--Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment