Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Saturday, December 1, 2012

WAG MORE, BARK LESS!


 MY MEMORABLE DOG MARTHA

Pulling up to my grandchildren’s school in the morning, I often spot a beautiful golden lab inside the car in front of us. What catches my attention even more is the WAG MORE, BARK LESS bumper sticker.  Not only do I love dogs, (labs in particular), but it makes me laugh and reflect on the lessons we can learn from dogs.  Here are a few of them:

            “When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you’ve growled all day long.”


            “The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.” (author unknown)

            “Dogs are miracles with paws.”  (Susan Kennedy)

            “A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours.”  (author unknown)

            “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.”  (Christopher Marley)

            “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.”  (Max Eastman)

            “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures, they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.”  (Gilda Radner)

            “To err is human, to forgive canine.”  (author unknown)

            “One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why.”  (unknown author)

            “Yesterday I was a dog.  Today I’m a dog.  Tomorrow I’ll probably still be a dog.  Sigh, there’s so little hope for advancement.”  (Snoopy)

FDR and FALA

FALA AT FDR MONUMENT

ELEANOR ROOSEVELT WITH FALA

ELEANOR WITH FALA AFTER FDR'S DEATH

            Soon I hope to pay a visit to Alabama to meet a special lab named Hank.  My son has told me all about him.  I can’t wait!  Remembering some exceptional dogs from the past, here are some photos to prove it, including FDR’s memorable dog Fala.  Perhaps the most endearing quality of a dog is its faithfulness to the end.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these dog quotes, Lynda! I think they are all true! I see why you want a dog SO MUCH! Cindy

    ReplyDelete