Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Friday, August 15, 2014

THE WAY I SEE IT. . . .

Lately I've been reflecting on a lot of things and thinking of my mother and her constant refrain in later life--"Time marches on."  Having been around children nearly all summer, I've appreciated any snippet of quiet time I can find, particularly in the early morning hours.  They are truly golden! Here are a few thoughts I'd like to share from those times:

     The Way I See It. . . ."Compromise" is the most crucial word in anyone's vocabulary, especially as it relates to relationships.  I'm still learning.

     Logic is highly overrated, even when it makes sense.

     Getting lost leads to interesting diversions and life changing events, if viewed from a rear view mirror.

     Not owning a car gives you a different Foot perspective.

     A few quiet moments to yourself in the morning can offer a whole day of reflection.

     Thoreau, one of my favorite American writers, was right when he said, "Simplify, simplify."  I'm reminded of that in all aspects of my life.

     Just because you like the color purple doesn't mean that as a football fan it's your favorite jersey:  green and gold will always be a better match for me.

     Anne Morrow Lindbergh was right when she said, "Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."  

     If I've learned one thing late in life, it's Cherish the moments and the memories.  Life is fleeting and it's not guaranteed.

     Finally, at least for today, a quote by Kathleen Norris speaks for me:  "Life is easier than you'd think; all that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, and bear the intolerable."  And add to that, a few smiles along the way!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures go to
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment