Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, August 11, 2014

MAINTAINING SANITY ON THE HIGHWAY, and FINDING A LITTLE HUMOR ALONG THE WAY!

Since I do a lot of driving during the course of a day, I always appreciate unexpected good humor relating to it.  Some days that's incredibly hard to find.  It's more likely that a few choice words enter my mind and inevitably seep out, even if young, tender ears are nearby.  The rational, sane, normally patient person I call myself suddenly takes on a different personality.  My granddaughter recognizes it and chooses her words carefully--"Grandma, I'm shocked."  Although she's far from shocked at that moment, she's good at "playing along", which reminds me to keep it all in perspective.

So, at least for today, in honor of slowing down and enjoying a few laughs, I will find that balance on the highways, despite would-be race cars passing me by, often 20-30 miles over the posted speed. The cartoon CRANKSHAFT shifted my perspective, at least for one day.  The image?  An older driver with a surprised look as he reads the posted sign on the road--"DRIVERS DRIVING AT THE POSTED SPEED USE SLOW LANE."  That may be my next approach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures go to
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment