Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ONE LAST AUTUMN FLING, WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO A DEAR FRIEND!


With predictions of a possible 3-5 inches of snow in the Twin Cities tomorrow, I’m thinking AARGH—HERE WE GO AGAIN, and savoring the last delightful days of autumn.  I heard on the news a few days ago that the leaf color has lasted two weeks longer than usual in Minnesota.  After hearing that, I coaxed myself into taking one last long autumn walk through the woods of one of my favorite parks, which just happens to be named CAMELOT.  It fits the name perfectly.  I couldn’t believe that I was the only person following the trail my first time around.  It was just gorgeous, and such an invigorating romp through the woods.  I savored the moment, as well as the memories of many times my friend Leanne shared that walk with me.  Because of a serious injury sustained by her, that has rarely been possible anymore.  I truly miss that, but think of her often, and her love of nature.  She’s taught me a great deal through the years about savoring those special moments and appreciating the beauty of nature, including the little animals that surround us. 

 
 
 
 
 
Here are some simple photos I took that remind me of my friend and the natural joys that we find everywhere.

2 comments: