Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DOG ON A LEDGE!


Recently I missed my turn for a favorite breakfast spot, and wound up in a completely different area, which is nothing new for me.  Something tells me that I thrive on detours, whether through roadway construction or my own ineptitude.  Funny though, those excursions often lead to interesting discoveries and new learning experiences, as well as some good laughs.  My latest adventure was just such an example!

As I walked through the first door to the restaurant, I spotted a very sweet and
 
 
beautiful dog just sitting comfortably on the ledge.  He seemed quite happy and deep in his own “dog thoughts.”  I just stood and observed him for a little while, and let myself wonder who his rightful owner was and if he came there often.  Instead of bemoaning my detour experience, I just enjoyed the moment.  I found the owner nearby.  He was also resting comfortably and within clear sight of his delightful dog.  I asked him if I could take a picture of his special pal, and he was happy to oblige.  I learned that CALVIN came with him to the restaurant quite often and enjoyed seeing people come and go.  Often they stopped to pet him, and he was happy to get the attention.  But as his owner said proudly, people seemed to get excited to see Calvin and also quite surprised to see a dog on a ledge inside a restaurant.  I noticed that nearly everyone who walked past him had to stop and talk to him, and it made them smile almost instantly.  That included restaurant employees. Calvin was a special dog with a real gift.  His owner, I learned, was hopeful that Calvin might become a regular at nursing homes, where he could entertain and delight the residents.  The elderly owner had spent many hours observing how Calvin related with people of all ages.  Calvin’s job was to make people happy.  And indeed he did!

2 comments:

  1. Even in this picture you can feel a certain calmness come over you just looking at CALVIN. Thanks for sharing. ..

    ReplyDelete