Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

FROSTING ON THE LANDSCAPE!




As many of us in Minnesota know, drastic weather changes can happen overnight.  The unexpected is often the norm, and we never get too comfortable, considering all the possibilities, especially in winter.  Yesterday was a calm, sunny day and I relished my solitary trek through the autumn woods of Camelot Park. But as the day went on, the snow arrived and the atmosphere changed.  This morning I was reminded that after a fresh snowfall, and with the absence of snow plows and treatments on the roadways, the brakes on the car are not quite as reliable as usual. Despite that, I decided to embrace winter, at least for today, and headed out to a unique wooded park in Golden Valley, a suburb of Minneapolis.  I encountered no one, but I felt energized and elated as I walked along the trail and experienced the first burst of winter.  Sure feels a lot better at the beginning of November than in May.

 


 

 
 
 
 
 
Here are a few photos from this gem of a morning and my newfound interest in
 
SNOW—unimaginable just a few months ago!!!



6 comments:

  1. These pictures are calming and exquisite. Nature is magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I'm happiest when I'm out enjoying nature.

      Delete
  2. Minnesota is more beautiful now than in the summer. These shots reflect your happiness. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was really happy that day.

      Delete
  3. AWESOME pictures and thoughts, Lynda! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy! I really feel ALIVE on days like this!!

      Delete