Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WINTER WONDERS IN NORTHERN MINNESOTA!


Recently I visited a friend in northern Minnesota and marveled at the peace and tranquility of the region.  Solitude is a sacred word to me, and I found it there.  At one point we drove farther north to Duluth, which is on the north shore of Lake Superior.  Along with Superior, Wisconsin, it forms the Twin Ports.  Duluth was named after Daniel Greysolon, Le Sieur du Luth, a French explorer who lived from 1639-1710. He must have been thrilled with his discovery.

 
 
I’ve included some photos of the Duluth harbor area, as well as the region south of there, where the deer contentedly roam and search for food.  I could have watched and observed them for hours.  May Sarton, a prolific American writer sums up my feelings best:  “Whatever peace I know rests in the natural world, in feeling myself a part of it, even in a small way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment