Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"THE HEART THAT LOVES . . ."





Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, celebrated widely around the world, and on this day I often remember fondly special people who have been part of my life, as well as those who have made an imprint in some way.  I especially remember my grandparents who were married for over 60 years, and although poor monetarily, were rich in spirit and love for one another and family. It was Oscar Wilde who said, “Who, being loved, is poor? Oh, no one.”

There’s a wonderful Greek proverb that says, “The heart that loves is always young.”  Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or just an ordinary day, “Love is truly the only gold.” 
My mother with her dear friend Verna
 
And on February 14, the day love is in the air, here's to all the special kinds of love, including cherished friendships. Thomas Jefferson once said, "The happiest moments of my life have been the flow of affection among friends."
 
     "When the leaves of your album are yellow with age,
     And the words that I write here are dim on the page,
     Still think of me kindly and do not forget,
     That wherever I am, I remember you yet." 
                    YOUR DEAREST FRIENDS
    
 
Mom with her friends Georgia and Wilbur
 
                                             
 
photo by Monika Kopek
 
                                Thinking of all those special people in my life,
                                                      HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment