Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Friday, February 15, 2013

TIME MARCHES ON!


Winter scene at the cabin
 
My childhood park in Wisconsin
 
One of my mother’s favorite refrains in her later years was, “Time marches on.”  Such a simple phrase, and yet so thought provoking.  The trouble is, it seems like it marches faster all the time.  I’m not sure why, but I feel especially drawn to nature themes now. F. Scott Fitzgerald, the great American writer once said, “After reading Thoreau, I felt how much I have lost by leaving nature out of my life.”  That sums up my feelings too.  And as much as I long for spring, I’m trying to stay in the moment because that’s all we really have anyway. 



Serenity--Lake Superior



photo by Heinz Richter--at the cabin
 



A special pal at Lake Harriet in Minneapolis
 

A foggy day in Rhode Island
 
 


A special morning



My gully pal

A few nature memories from the more recent past, and some that others have shared with me, for which I am grateful. 
**A footnote--Sometimes I think my grandchildren overlook beautiful nature scenes as we drive around the Twin Cities, and I feel a wee bit annoyed.  And then one day my granddaughter says, "Grandma, you've got to come see this."  I look out the front door and there it is--the most beautiful sunrise ever. A moment I won't ever forget!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love this Lynda! You have such a special way with words. I love every one of the photos and your mother is so right, "Time Marches On", love and hugs, Elizabeth Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Elizabeth; I'm really glad that you enjoyed it.

    Love and hugs back to you,

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete