Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

MINNEHAHA PARK AND WATERFALLS--IN ALL ITS BEAUTY!!

One of my absolute favorite places to visit in Minneapolis, (my home), is Minnehaha Park and the beautiful waterfalls you discover as you enter the park. The American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote a wonderful poem about it in the 1850's called Song of Hiawatha. It made the waterfalls famous nationally.  I find myself often drawn to the statue of Hiawatha and Minnehaha and the plaque of more than one hundred years ago commemorating it.

I've been lucky to have lived nearby Minnehaha Park at one time in the 1970's and now to be able to hop on a bus and be there about an hour later. It's a magnificent place. If you should ever visit Minneapolis, don't miss it.




















No comments:

Post a Comment