Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Friday, June 30, 2017

JOY IN NATURE! AND BEYOND!!

Recently I read a quote by Karl Barth which said, "Joy is the simplest form of gratitude."  That definitely reflects my belief, and simple as it might be, I try to find joy in every day, wherever and whatever that might be. Some of those days might be filled with unexpected difficulties and pain, but there is joy to be found, and above all, in nature.  I love being anywhere near water, and if there's a wooded trail nearby,  I
have found immense joy, for which I am extremely grateful.  A few days ago I discovered an idyllic area of the Twin Cities, with both a beautiful small lake and a long winding trail which leads to a very pretty regional park.  I just sat and watched the wildlife on the lake for about
an hour before I headed out on the trail.  These are some of the photographs I took and hope that you will enjoy.  




And as Shakespeare said, "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."




No comments:

Post a Comment