Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Saturday, January 24, 2015

WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE!

Ellen Burstyn, an American actress, once said, "What a lovely surprise to discover how un-lonely being alone can be."  Having been homebound for four days recently due to illness, was NOT a lovely surprise--the "being alone" part or being confined indoors, but oh, what a feeling it was to discover the wonderful world of the outdoors once again.  Especially after a simple, but lovely snowfall! With camera in hand, off I went to discover the nearby charm of lakes and woods. One day in the coming months I will leave this area where I've lived for 45 years to explore a new place with new people and adventures awaiting.  Perhaps that's why I'm savoring these last months and moments.  For many years I took children of all ages with me, but now those times have more or less passed, and I'm soaking up my time alone.  As May Sarton, the famous writer said many years ago, "One thing is certain, and I have always known it--the joys of my life have nothing to do with age." I totally agree!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment