Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Saturday, August 26, 2017

NOTHING BEATS A GREAT ROAD TRIP, ESPECIALLY THROUGH WISCONSIN!!

I can't think of anything I'd rather spend my money on the last few years than memorable road trips, long or short. The great American actress, Susan Sontag once said, "I haven't been
everywhere, but it's on my list."  My sentiments exactly!! Recently a good friend and I traveled along the Mississippi River in Wisconsin, our home state, and had a fabulous time, stopping frequently along the way.  Southwestern Wisconsin is absolutely beautiful, and we were fortunate to spend three nights at a lovely farm which is owned by a relative of hers.
With winding roads, rolling hills and bluffs, beautiful parks and lakes, it's absolutely idyllic.  There are many Amish farms and bakeries to be found everywhere. I often thought about John Denver's song about Country Roads. I just couldn't stop smiling!



Here are some of the photos I
took along the way. I hope that one day some of you might have a chance to

Explore  Wisconsin. It's a wonderful state with so much natural beauty, including Lake Superior.  Enjoy!!










No comments:

Post a Comment