Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Sunday, March 27, 2016

OH MY, IT'S SPRING! YES, REALLY!

Having the use of a car for two weeks is total luxury for me.  I may not be fleet afoot anymore, but that's generally how I travel these days.  And that's not to prove a point, but out of necessity.  I don't have the resources I once did.  What I do have is pure enjoyment of nature, whether walking or traveling by car to get to parks and lakes and nature trails. Minnesota is abundant with ways to enjoy nature.  So last week I set out to explore as many parks and trails as I could, first by car, and then walking and discovering different
photo opportunities. I am grateful to my family for sharing the use
of a car for a short time.  It's been wonderful.  For me there is nothing more joyful than finding a quiet park in spring where I can hear the sounds of nature and delight in an unexpected surprise.

One of those surprises was a goose who was enjoying his own quiet
time with no one around, only to discover me trying to move past him on the boardwalk.  Luckily I was smart enough not to get too close with my camera or make any sudden moves.Even so, I was a 


little nervous hearing him hissing at me as I walked on to the end of
the boardwalk.  I was happy to make my way through the woods
and along the lake.  My only other concern was about making a wrong turn and getting lost, but that would have been true to form.  I'm good at rationalizing those "getting lost moments," because they often seem to lead to even more interesting adventures.  


So here's to even more fun the 
second time around.  Early spring in Minnesota is often unpredictable, but quite lovely. Yes, really!!







No comments:

Post a Comment