Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, February 29, 2016

THE SWEET SIMPLE THINGS OF LIFE . . . STAYING "PASSIONATELY CURIOUS"

For as long as I can remember, I've remained curious about what goes on in our everyday lives, whether it's animals that make us laugh and teach us what's important in life, kids and their incredible energy and wisdom, or the importance of listening to our own amazing intuition.  How often it's happened that I haven't listened or trusted my intuition enough.  Too often I've strayed away from that quiet, reflective side of myself, often thinking that it's a waste of time and unproductive. And then I read a quote by Albert Einstein--"I have no special talents.  I am just passionately curious."  In reality there's nothing more important to me than being "passionately curious."  It stands out like nothing else.  It's the




way I would like people to remember me.  I've never cared 
much about possessions or impressive degrees or earning massive amounts of money. My family could certainly tell you that. And they'd tell you too that I love the sweet simple things of life, whether it's a memorable quote, a friend's kind words, a beautiful trail through the woods, or a painful lesson learned which led to incredible new opportunities.  And those new opportunities which I never imagined about a month ago are about to open up.  I will share more about that in the coming months.  In the meantime, suffice it to say that I'll never let go of being "passionately curious."

No comments:

Post a Comment