Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Saturday, November 8, 2014

A SOLITARY PATH!


Sometimes I have to really coax myself to get out of my lazy Sunday afternoon routine and go for a long walk.  Eventually I realize that no one is going to be there to motivate me, so I'd better get moving on my own.  And today is one day that I felt like I'd made an especially wise choice!

Perhaps the best part was having the nearby wooded path to myself.  I am often a creature of solitude, and today was a splendid day for that.  May Sarton, one of my favorite writers once said that "solitude is the richness of self."  So it seemed today!

As I made my way along the path, I heard some rustling above me.  I looked up to see two deer chasing one another.  It made me smile and wish that I'd moved fast enough to capture a picture.  Perhaps it was just as well;


they were doing fine on their own, without being disturbed. Not long after that I stopped and marveled at the beautiful, changing sunset.  It's an amazing feeling to just observe something so perfect and realize that it's YOUR moment in time.  I was happy that no one else was around.


An amazing woman named Sara Teasdale once said, "Look for a lovely thing and you will find it, It is not far--It never will be far."  And it wasn't!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures click here
Please make payments via PayPal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



2 comments:

  1. I like your blog and your stories, but lately they all seem to have the same theme; go on a walk, marvel at nature and take a few pictures. Your posts used to be a lot more varied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment--well-taken. I do have a lot of stories in the works and will be posting them soon. I have enjoyed getting out in nature recently; this fall has really been spectacular. Thanks very much for following the blog.

      Delete