Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Sunday, October 28, 2012

"LOOK DEEP INTO NATURE. . ."


Amidst all the noise and clutter and divisions involved in this presidential election, I’ve searched for the wisdom of nature and those who write about it and speak about it to calm myself down.  As Einstein once said, “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”  I was especially proud recently to hear my granddaughter marvel at the formation of the clouds and the skies spectacular color combinations as we made our way to school.  I was deep in thought, but she was the one who noticed. 



 




 



 



 

With only nine days to go until the election, I’m reminding myself of what the American writer Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Adopt the pace of nature:  her secret is patience.” And patient I want to be, because life is full of wonderful everyday moments, as “corny” as that may sound.  Years ago I gave a special aunt a book I knew she would appreciate; it was called AIN’T NATURE GRAND!  She enjoyed the book immensely because she loved everything about nature, including the poems written about it.  She always encouraged me and my children to appreciate and wonder about the beauty of our planet earth.  Remembering her and her calm spirit, I’ve included some simple photos of nature I've taken, along with a few meaningful quotes.
 
"In wilderness I sense the miracle of life, and behind it our scientific accomplishments fade to trivia."  (Charles Lindbergh)
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life." (Rachel Carson)
"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."  (Vincent Van Gogh)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment