Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

"FRIENDSHIP ISN'T A BIG THING--IT'S A MILLION LITTLE THINGS."


family friends of long ago

a Halloween party with my friends

friends in Germany

German pals hanging out on an Audi
me (on left) with my skating pals

English pals
my birthday with friends

childhood friends and neighbors who became lifelong friends--my mother and Verna

I’ve often reflected back on my childhood friendships with fond memories.  Tom Stoppard, British playwright once said, “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.”  The anonymous writer who expressed, “Friendship isn’t a big thing—it’s a million little things” rang true for me. Through these photos of mine and those shared by others, I hope to express the joy of childhood friendships, remembering, as Dag Hammarskjold, Swedish writer once said, “Friendship needs no words.”

No comments:

Post a Comment