Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Thursday, October 13, 2016

"AUTUMN, THE YEAR'S LAST, LOVELIEST SMILE. (William Cullen Bryant)

Along comes my favorite time of the year--autumn-- and I just
stop and marvel at all the spectacular colors.  My small, inexpensive camera is having a field day!  I don't have to motivate myself to get out and enjoy it.  I just look out my window and the fall colors, in all their splendor, make me smile and feel glad to be alive.   Sometimes I can't resist picking up a bundle of leaves and bringing them home, intent on making a collage to remember them forever.


Here's to autumn and its magnificence, along with the words of

famous writers and poets who have deeply resonated with me. I hope my pictures will resonate with you. They are past and present reminders of the joy of autumn.

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."  (Emily Bronte,
                                                          English writer--19th century)

                                                          "No spring nor summer 
                                                          hath such grace as I have 
                                                          in one autumnal face."
                                                          (John Donne, English poet)

                                                           "Autumn carries more gold
                                                           in its pocket than all the 
                                                           other seasons."  (Jim Bishop,
                                                           American author and
                                                           journalist).

No comments:

Post a Comment