Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Thursday, June 5, 2014

"UP NORTH", WHERE THE PEOPLE SMILE A LOT!

Recently in a small local re-use store I discovered a picture which completely mesmerized me and brought plenty of smiles, as well as joyful memories.  I was drawn to the simple cabin surrounded by elegant tall trees and a beautiful lake.  I could easily visualize myself at that very spot.  I thought of my own cabin in Wisconsin that was so much a part of my life and my family's for decades.  I will always remember it fondly.  

The eloquent thoughts expressed about being "up North" truly resonated with me.  I see "up North" as a magical, spiritual state of mind that conjures up images of loveliness, woodland scenes, carefree days spent near lakes and rivers, watching spectacular sunrises and sunsets, comforted by quiet reflection with morning coffee and little friends scampering about.  "Up North" is my place of magnificent wonder and awe, a splendid masterpiece in the universe.

Here are the wonderful thoughts shared about "up North" by a unique woman from a charming small town in Wisconsin.  I've



also included some pictures of places I've loved in the north country, more commonly known as "up North."

     "There's a lot of talk about "Up North" . . . it's the place where everyone seems to want to go to escape the pressures and frantic pace of everyday life.  But where is up North"?  Ask a dozen people and you may get as many answers.

     "Up North" is not so much a location as it is a state of mind.  So how do you know when you've arrived "up North"?  When you feel the cares of the world begin to slip away . . . When you find yourself breathing a little deeper because the air seems purer somehow . . . 

     When you notice the sky is bluer, the waters clearer, the trees taller, and the people smile a lot. . . Then you know you're "up North."  (Arlet Steel) 


         (Sunrise photo by Heinz Richter)      

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a complete list of the pictures go to
Please make payments via Paypal at Lynda.clark84@yahoo.com



                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment