Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, September 30, 2013

REPLENISHING ONE'S SPIRIT!

 
A prolific American writer named Gladys Taber once said, “We need time to dream, time to remember, and time to reach the infinite.  Time to be.”  During the past week, because of the incredible generosity of a friend of thirty-six years, I’ve been granted that time.  I just returned to Minneapolis from a delightful week along the North Shore of Lake Superior.  Listening to the endless waves outside our cabin was mesmerizing and meditative.  Sitting amongst the trees with an enchanting new book or chatting with my friend reminded me of how simple and joyous our lives can be when we’re granted the opportunity to slow down.  Now the challenge is to integrate those simple joys into everyday city life.  No easy task!  As I approach the age of 65, I’ve become more reflective in my own life, but less tolerant of those in the frantic, “hurry, scurry world,” especially when it jeopardizes the safety of others, including children. 

 
For me it’s the age old question of finding the balance in life.  But for now, I’ll just stay
 
 
 
 
in the moment and visualize the majestic grandeur of my favorite waterway in the world—Lake Superior!



No comments:

Post a Comment