Featured Post

THE WAVES OF OUR LIVES!

Having recently been invited by a dear friend to spend a week at a beautiful cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, I’m reminding ...

Monday, April 1, 2013

AN EARLY MORNING WALK . . . AND THE LOVELINESS OF SPRING!

 
A nearby waterfall with the exquisite rushing sound of nature!
 


An entrance to a little home--

I had just come back from my own short Easter morning walk when my son challenged me to go on a little nature hike.  I wasn’t sure I was up for it, but what a memorable experience it was!  It’s rare that we have a chance to spend one-on-one time, and as I age, the joy of those times is magnified and becomes very poignant.  I will always remember
this Easter morning because of the unexpected natural beauty so close to home and the wonderful connectedness with my son. Here are some photos of a delightful Easter morning.
And here are a few memorable quotes about nature--
"We are united with all life that is in nature.  Man can no longer live his life for himself alone."  (Albert Schweitzer)
"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we only tune in."  (George Washington Carver)
"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."  (Henry David Thoreau)

No comments:

Post a Comment